up home page bottom

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

All I want for Christmas is......



A gift card.


Maybe start a hobby of collecting them. Maybe trade on eBay and make some serious $$$. Hahaha.... Don't laugh, I heard there are people doing that.




What do you want for Christmas?

When we were kids, my sis and I would get presents mysteriously under our Christmas tree. I remember we both got green toy machine guns that fired rat-tat-tat when we squeezed the trigger. There was even a tiny see-through window for us to see the sparks fly inside the gun. Needless to say, I was thrilled all night and days to come.

I looked forward to every Christmas and never suspected that my parents were playing Santa actually. Our parents would make sure that we were safely tugged in bed. And in the excitement, I would stay awake and try guessing what Santa would bring us this time.


Sometimes I wondered how Santa managed to get into the house because we did not have any chimney. Perhaps he entered through the front door. Didn't matter to me as long as he brought us something.

One day, Santa stopped coming.

Maybe I was naughty and he took my name off his list.

Maybe I grew up and didn't believe in Santa anymore. I don't even remember what happened in my childhood Christmases that followed.

Knowing how Christmas presents can make kids happy, I will make it a point this evening to get one and leave it in the donation box next to the store. We all can do our part to spread Christmas joy to everyone in one way or another. It does not require a purchase and can be as simple as a phone call, a card, a meal or a hug to let them know that you care.

As for me, a gift card will do.


0 comments: