up home page bottom

Thursday, December 13, 2007

The best time of my life



Must be December. Christmas carolling. That's 22 years ago. Wow, I don't even have enough toes and fingers to count up to that number. But even though it seems like many years ago, it really didn't feel that long. Well, I got to thank my younger sis in the first place. If not for her, I won't have joined the local chapel, made many new friends and enriched my life with many fulfilling and healthy activities. To tell you the truth, I miss those good old days and I miss many of my good friends. And it was because I left my hometown to further my studies that I parted ways with some of my closest friends.

Those days we would go house to house and sing 3 songs per household. We had a splendid choir master/leader who blended us well with the different voices(soprano, alto, tenor and bass) and a few wonderful guitarists that made singing so engaging. I liked to stick close to the guitarists because I think that's where the action is. You know, some nice girls are attracted to the guitar man and some vultures like me just wait around for leftovers. Nah, actually I think I was quite a good buaya hahahaha. It was all for fun anyway. So we sing traditional songs and occasionally mixed the order of songs with modern ones. The last stop is usually one of the choir group administrator's house where we all take a rest, play games, chit chat and enjoy the wonderful food prepared for us. On one occasion, we had some home-made pizzas. So delicious that I can still recall today.





Hmm, I think one of the nicest song was 'Christmas isn't Christmas until you open your Heart' or something like that. I think the song says a lot about how we can lead our lives. When you open your hearts, everyday is Christmas. It's very simple actually. When you open your hearts, it means you are able to look inside yourself, you are able to connect with your inner self, you are not afraid or ashamed of who you are, you believe in your dreams, you can laugh at yourself and you can cry like a baby. When you can truly do all these things, you are free. You are no longer a slave to the past. And that's what Christmas is really about. Everyday is Christmas because every day becomes God's gift to you. God's wonderful gift for you is the brand new day to start anew.

Oops...actually now I remember the title of the song, it's 'Christmas isn't Christmas till it happens in your heart'. Haha...talk about old age. 22 years is indeed a long time but it still feels like yesterday. And here are the lyrics I found for the song.



christmas...
isn't christmas...
till it happens...
in your heart...
somewhere... deep inside you...
is where christmas really starts...

so, give your... heart to people...
you'll discover when you do...
that it's christmas... really christmas... for you!

0 comments: