up home page bottom

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Orchard Road Christmas

Orchard Road Landmark Decor
Landmark Decor at Orchard Road

Gee, thinking back, I have to admit that I have very fond memories of Singapore. As much as I always hated the feeling of being confined in the small area and the hurly- burly pace of the society, it was a very "happening" place.



Biggest tree in Orchard
Biggest tree in Orchard

Every year, shopping malls will put on their best outfit and try to outdo each other in their bid to entice more patrons to their doorstep. Before there was Takashimaya, the best award probably went to malls like Robinsons and ole Singapore Shopping Plaza. Alright, those are probably prehistoric times now but it was quite an awesome sight for someone like me back then.



Takashimaya Xmas slogan
Takashimaya Xmas slogan

Christmas was also a time where friends and families came a visiting me. One year, my friends from KK celebrated the holidays with me. It was especially nice to have friends from your hometown around you. The phrase "home is where your heart is" rang true.



At Wheelock Place outside Borders
At Wheelock Place outside Borders

Another time, Pa came to Singapore. I remember that it was around Christmas time too because I remember seeing some Christmas decorative ribbons near the spot he tripped and fell on his face and chest while chasing after the airport bus.

It takes patience to swim your way around the sea of people congregating in South East Asia's mecca of shopping. Be prepared for lots of body squeeze if you going to use the MRT. It helps also to know that it is worthwhile walking upstream for other bus stops to improve your chances of getting aboard one.



Crowd near Paragon
Crowd near Paragon

Well, I have been away from Singapore for a number of years already. In spite of that, I have several sweet memories about the place. Memories are like snapshots of your life. When you look back at those photos, you laugh and you cry because those moments are very meaningful to you. Not every day is the same. But I look forward to more days like these.


(Visit the site for more info on Singapore Christmas 2007)



Singapore Visitor Center
Singapore Visitor Center


P.S. Thanks Nuya for these great pictures. Please visit Nuya's blog.

0 comments: