up home page bottom

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Badminton

Permainan bulu tangkis, in Malay. Like a movie of epic proportion, spanning a length of more than 10 years, I finally equalize our scoreline from 15-0, 11-0, 7-0, 5-0 (I think). My hard work and perseverance paid off. I can play better badminton in terms of skill, experience and mental aspect - thinking more and better match temperament. My worthy opponent - Fong Bo Hong. Of course, my journey would have been more difficult had it not been the support and encouragement from my wife. She taught me in the beginning that you need to analyze your game as well as your opponents' game. So what type of player is Bo Hong? Basically, he is a retriever with tennis strokes and footwork. He has got good sense of the game and court awareness but I think he lost because he is a tennis player playing badminton game. His last complaint is that a 76 shuttle is still too fast. To be continued......

2 comments:

CY said...

corrections!
The shuttle was 77 not 76 and it was a little bit faster than what I would prefer.

Susu Kacang said...

Ah Bo Hong, my worthy opponent...next time we'll a slower shutter if you wish...meanwhile, train harder!