up home page bottom

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Half a cup of coffee


Now that the election is over, how will the dust settle? The ruling coalition (Barisan Nasional) wins by a simple majority (136 out of 222 seats), losing 5 states (Penang, Kedah, Perak, Selangor and Kelantan) to the opposition. I am curious how come BN has a clean sweep of Sabah though.

I think the message is clear. The people (rakyat) is not happy with a number of issues. The Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi will be under a lot of pressure this coming few days. Some of his cabinet ministers and high-ranking officers have lost their seats. Actually, the attacks have already started from all corners: including former Deputy Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim, foreign media and former Prime Minister Mahatir Mohamad.

I can't help but remember a chinese saying which states something like it doesn't matter who is the new ruler, the old problems will continue. Does anyone know the exact phrase?

Let me ask you a question. If you see a half-drank cup of coffee sitting in front of me, does it necessary mean that it is mine? Would you 'accuse' that it is mine? Would you believe me if I tell you that I just got here and the waiter has not cleared the table.

Sigh, in politics, you can never take anyone seriously......



interesting links:
nice blog with rtm live streaming:
powerpresent blogger's youtube videos...(used to read about the Mongolian victim's stories here.

2 comments:

Mahesh said...

Hi there, Thank for visiting my blogs . I have mailed you the html code for the RTM Live Streaming.

Regards,

Mahesh

Susu Kacang said...

hi mahesh, thanks for visiting too! and thanks for the code ;)